We are pleased to announce that U.S. Senator Angus King (I-ME) has received the Prescription Justice 5-star rating based on his full support of the organization’s Policy Platform to lower drug prices here and expand access to safe and affordable medication from other countries. Senator King’s 5-star rating reflects his unwavering support of commonsense policy solutions to end the prescription drug affordability crisis. Members of Congress get one star for their positions on the following:
1. Recognizes that the United States is suffering from a crisis of high drug prices?
2. Ending the ban that prevents Medicare from negotiating lower drug prices with pharmaceutical companies;
3. Making reverse payment arrangements between brand and generic companies, also known as “pay-for-delay” illegal;
4. Legalizing the importation of lower-cost medication from Canada and other countries with similarly strict pharmaceutical regulations; and
5. Using reasonable, commonsense, and compassionate enforcement discretion to permit individuals to import small quantities of affordable medication to fill prescriptions. (more…)
Prescription Justice has endorsedRyan Watts for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 6th District of North Carolina based on his pro-patient/pro-consumer stance to address the prescription drug price crisis in America.
Ryan Watts fully supports the Prescription Justice Policy Platform to permit Medicare to negotiate drug prices; ending “pay-for-delay” deals by pharmaceutical companies that prevent lower cost generics from coming to market; legalizing importation of lower-cost and safe medication; and expressly permitting personal importation now from licensed pharmacies as a lifeline of affordable medication. (more…)