We are pleased to announce that U.S. Senator Angus King (I-ME) has received the Prescription Justice 5-star rating based on his full support of the organization’s Policy Platform to lower drug prices here and expand access to safe and affordable medication from other countries. Senator King’s 5-star rating reflects his unwavering support of commonsense policy solutions to end the prescription drug affordability crisis. Members of Congress get one star for their positions on the following:
1. Recognizes that the United States is suffering from a crisis of high drug prices?
2. Ending the ban that prevents Medicare from negotiating lower drug prices with pharmaceutical companies;
3. Making reverse payment arrangements between brand and generic companies, also known as “pay-for-delay” illegal;
4. Legalizing the importation of lower-cost medication from Canada and other countries with similarly strict pharmaceutical regulations; and
5. Using reasonable, commonsense, and compassionate enforcement discretion to permit individuals to import small quantities of affordable medication to fill prescriptions. (more…)